
The Buffalo Bills stadium construction was halted due to a graffiti scandal earlier this week and according to multiple reports, seven construction workers have been identified as culprits behind the vandalism.
According to WBEN, three of the workers have confessed to the crimes, none of whom has officially been charged. A spokesperson for the Erie County Sheriff’s Office told the local news outlet that the investigation remains ongoing.
Construction of the new stadium was halted on Monday due to display of graffiti throughout the stadium grounds, which occurred within the building’s interior, including locker room and suite areas.
The images were described as “pornographic” in nature, while Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz believed all along that the vandalism was an inside job.
“We believe it actually is someone who has been working on the site because to get into the locations where the graffiti was at, you have to have a pass and you have to be able to enter,” he told WGRZ earlier this week.
Despite a week-long delay, the new stadium is expected to open on time in July and host the Bills’ season opener in September. According to a report from WBEN earlier this week, the structure is about 87% complete.
Per a previous report from the Bills, Private Seat Licenses have sold out, with a count of 54,000 purchased by December of this past year. The new stadium’s capacity has been set at about 62,000 seats.










