Judge Drops All Charges On Darrelle Revis After His Friend Takes Blame For Everything

Ad

Revis

A judge dismissed all the charges against former Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis stemming from a fight last month in Pittsburgh, PA.

The 31-year old had been charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor for his alleged role in an early morning street fight on Feb. 12th, 2017, in which two men were knocked out cold:

A witness, who has been identified as Revis’ childhood friend, testified on Wednesday that he came to Revis’ aid and was the one who threw the punches. He also said it was his voice on the video that surfaced of the incident.

According to Police, the incident started when a man began recording Revis with his phone, Revis proceeded to grab the phone and tried to delete it.

With Revis’ legal situation resolved, he can now turn his focus on resuming his football career. The Jets released Revis last week after his awful 2016 season. According to Jets head coach Todd Bowles, the incident had no role in Revis’ release, which was simply a football decision. Revis was due to make $15.3 million in 2017, the Jets saved $9.3 million by releasing him.

Revis has already expressed his desire to join the Pittsburgh Steelers:

Revis remains as one of the biggest names avaiable on the free agent market and interest will likely increase now his legal concers are behind him. Revis told NFL Network’s Aditi Kinkhabwala that he’s “still hungry to play” and is willing to move to safety after losing 10 pounds since last season.

SHARE