As if 2016 couldn’t get any weirder, we now have this – a story right out of the movie Benchwarmers.
The founder of a Rhode Island youth football team has been expelled from his league after the coach of that team put a grown man into a game against 13 and 14-year-old players.
Here’s the picture of the adult who was snuck into a game of 13 year olds by the coach of a Rhode Island youth football team. pic.twitter.com/GTHfVJhSnp
— Toucher and Rich (@Toucherandrich) October 25, 2016
Via USA Today Sports –
Capital City Buccaneers founder Alexandra Diaz says she had stepped away from the Sunday game in Scituate when the coach let the young man believed to be at least 18 take part in several plays before getting kicked out.
“We noticed his arm tattoos, facial hair,” one parent told WPRO. “Not like a normal 8th grade student.”
WJAR-TV reports the Providence team had been losing when the incident occurred. Parents spotted the man suit up on the sideline.
Diaz says the coach took full responsibility and has been fired. She says the varsity team has been stripped of the remainder of their season.
The league’s vice president tells WLNE-TV the decision has been made to remove the team indefinitely.
The best part? He allegedly only had one carry and was tackled for a loss.